Saturday, July 30, 2011

Décor

I want the house to be done because I'm dying to decorate!

My mother and I have been buying cute decorative items here and there, but because I don't have anywhere to store them and because I'm on a budget, we have to pace ourselves.

My decorative style is a little bit modern, a little bit traditional, and a little bit shabby-chic.  I'm obsessed with taking vintage items and using them in modern ways.  My biggest purchase so far has been a vintage door straight from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania!  It's amazing and I'm going to use it as my headboard!  Because of this purchase, I am completely obsessed with old doors.  I want to put them all over my house!

The next décor project I need to tackle is lighting.  I need ceiling fans and outdoor lighting.  I'm not looking forward to it.  Last week, my mother and I went to Lowe's ready and willing to buy ceiling fans.  I was dead set on buying white ones until I saw the beautiful oil-rubbed bronze ones and the black and silver ones.  For $10-$20 more per fan I could get something that looks better than a plain white fan.  We were there for 45 minutes staring up and discussing where I could put what.  So, we decided that I needed to reevaluate the situation.  We have three or four white fans hanging out in the garage of the house that we pulled out of the rooms before retexturing.  If I can clean those up and make them presentable, I can use them in the bedrooms and sun room.  Then, instead of buying three fans, I can buy two new, upgraded fans to go in the living room and family room and a pretty chandelier to go in the dining room!  It's a fantastic idea! 

I haven't even attempted to look for outdoor lighting...


My "new" headboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment